Dan Simmonds is a Principal of Harwood Andrews and is accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a specialist in business law and by Family Business Australia as a family business adviser.
Dan prides himself on developing close personal relationships with clients, placing a premium on trust and mutual respect and as such becomes personally invested in a client’s success. His commercial insights extend far beyond the law with his commercial experience enabling him to provide service to clients, understanding the environments in which they and their businesses operate. He provides practical and inventive solutions understanding that clients want to solve problems and capitalise on opportunities quickly.
Dan is particularly involved in advising family businesses on their growth and successioning issues, and is expert in assisting businesses to preserve, grow and transfer wealth.
In 2010, Dan was awarded the Law Institute of Victoria President’s Award in recognition of excellence and outstanding contribution within the legal profession.
Dan’s professional commitments include:
- Chairman of the Committee for Geelong
- Director of ACE Radio Broadcasters Pty Ltd
- Director of Kardinia Health Limited
- Director of Barwon Health Foundation Future Fund
- Committee Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors Geelong Regional Sub-Committee
- Committee Member of Deakin University School of Law Academic Advisory Board
- Member of the Geelong Chamber of Commerce Reducing Business Barriers Committee
- Member of the Salvation Army Geelong Region Area Advisory Committee
Download a PDF version of Dan Simmonds' Professional Profile