Benjamin is a Special Counsel in Harwood Andrews dispute resolution and litigation practice area.
Ben commenced with Harwood Andrews in July 2013, having spent several years as a partner with a Melbourne based practice. He is a Special Counsel working primarily in the area of commercial litigation, building and construction, bankruptcy, insolvency and debt recovery.
Ben has acted for one of Australia's largest telecommunication companies handling a large volume of proceedings, appearing regularly before the Magistrates' Court, County Court, Supreme Court and Federal Courts.
Ben also appears at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) on a range of matters including building disputes and residential tenancy matters.
In his practice, Ben acts for both corporations and individuals, bringing a "no nonsense", common sense approach to resolving matters.
The experience gained by Ben has meant that he has developed a proactive and efficient approach to the management of proceedings.
Ben is an approachable lawyer working to resolve client's matters quickly.
Ben’s key areas of practice include:
- Commercial litigation
- Building and construction disputes
- Construction contracts
- Debt recovery
- Intellectual property disputes
- Mediation and arbitration
- Residential and commercial tenancy disputes
- Insolvency, personal and corporate
- Disputes between owners of a business
- Disputes concerning wills and estates
- Insurance related disputes
- Consumer law disputes
Ben’s professional commitments include:
- Member of the Building Dispute Practitioners Society (BDPS)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Credit Management (AICM)
- Director of the Geelong Kindergarten Association
- Chairman, Risk & Compliance Committee of the Geelong Kindergarten Association
Download a PDF version of Ben Broadhead's Professional Profile