Aaron is an associate working in the areas of planning, environment and local government. He advises public and private clients in all areas of planning law and regularly appears as an advocate before the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and Planning Panels Victoria.
Aaron joined Harwood Andrews in 2015 after gaining experience in the public sector providing advice & recommendations to a statutory decision-making body.
Aaron was admitted to practise in 2015. He holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts from Deakin University and has also studied at the College of Law (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, 2015) and Masaryk University (Brno, Czech Republic, 2014). Aaron is currently studying a Masters of Cultural Heritage at Deakin University.
In the community Aaron is a Director of Anam Cara House Geelong and Secretary of the Highton Tennis Club. Aaron is also a Casual Academic with the Deakin Law School.
Aaron’s key areas of practice include:
- Statutory and strategic planning
- Planning Panels and VCAT hearings
- Growth area planning, including development and infrastructure contributions
- Planning enforcement
- Section 173 agreements
- Heritage planning, including Cultural Heritage Management Plans
- Local government law
- Administrative law
Aaron’s professional commitments include:
- Member of the Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association (VPELA)
- Member of the Geelong Law Association
Download a PDF version of Aaron Shrimpton's Profile