John Hannagan is a Senior Associate working in the areas of Planning, Environment and Local Government.
John joined Harwood Andrews with experience in the forestry industry and in planning and environmental law. John was employed by a national law firm where he was seconded to a large not for profit organisation with a particular focus on planning and environment matters. John has also lectured in environmental law.
John advises developers, local government and statutory authorities and third party participants on a variety of projects, including commercial and residential developments, subdivisions, and major infrastructure development.
John is experienced in councillor conduct matters and council obligations under the Local Government Act 1989 relating to land dealings and commercial contracts.
John’s key areas of practice include:
- Statutory and strategic planning
- Planning enforcement and prosecutions
- Preparation of development agreements
- Local government law
- Interpretation, variation and removal of restrictive convenants
- Councillor conduct disputes and conflict of interest
- Freedom of information
- Clean up notices
- Pollution abatement notices
John's professional commitments include:
- Member of the Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association (VPELA)
- Member of the Geelong Law Association
- Member of the Urban Development Institute of Australia (Vic)
Download a PDF version of John Hannagan's Professional Profile