There are many challenges in the complex and highly regulated development industry. Harwood Andrews' planning and environment experience covers a broad range of industry sectors including retail, residential development, commercial, industrial, aged care, wind and mineral resources.
Because we work closely for and with many local government planning authorities and statutory bodies, we have an intimate understanding of their operation, allowing us to provide you with a competitive advantage and ensure that matters are resolved quickly and successfully.
We offer practical commercial advice and representation in all aspects of planning and environment law including:
- Zoning and planning permit applications, planning approvals, appeals and panels, dispute resolution
- Site acquisition and environmental due diligence
- Management of approvals, pollution abatement notices and clean up notices under the Environment Protection Act 1970
- Advising in the management and remediation of water pollution, waste management, air pollution contaminated sites and the preparation of associated plans
- Development agreements and developer contributions
- Heritage matters
- Aboriginal cultural heritage management plans
- Regulatory compliance, enforcement, prosecutions and defence
- Environmental Effects Statements, Native title law, Commonwealth Environmental advice and approvals
- Compulsory acquisition, valuation and compensation
- Water law
- Environmental sustainability
- Regulation of gaming machines and licensing
Harwood Andrews' planning and environment lawyers work closely with a broad range of consultants and regularly appear on behalf of clients in planning appeals and panels considering statutory and strategic planning issues.
Planning and Environment Contacts
HA PLANNING Headlines
173 Agreements – an overview for landowners
The Planning and Environment Team draft and review Section 173 Agreements on behalf of Councils, authorities, landowners and permit holders.
If you own land or are interested in purchasing a property which is affected by or will require you to enter into a Section 173 Agreement, the below video provides a short overview of the purpose and operation of Section 173 Agreements.
Business Services > Planning and Environment
Join our growing planning team. An opportunity exists in our Melbourne office for a lawyer, 1-2 years post admission. Call Kim on 96110133
Join a growing planning team. An opportunity exists in our Melbourne office for a lawyer, 1-2 years post admission. Call Kim on 96110133