Rod Payne is a principal of the Harwood Andrews business law practice area.
Rod applies his specialist knowledge across a diverse range of business law areas to help clients achieve their objectives. Rod is accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a specialist in business law and has been practicing law for over 30 years.
A key element of Rod’s practice is the provision of practical advice to clients and their accountants in relation to transactions, business structuring and capital gains tax matters.
Rod regularly presents to client and accountant groups on matters of professional interest, such as taxation, asset protection and business structuring.
Rod has a special interest in primary production, in particular the wine industry and has an appreciation of the challenging environment the farming community operates in, and the complexities of agribusiness.
Rod joined Harwood Andrews in 1995 and in 2000 became a partner and subsequently principal of the firm.
Rod's key areas of practice include:
- Business and commercial advice including structuring, transactions, contracts and agreements
- Business succession planning
- Licencing agreements
- Partnerships, including partnership disputes
- Trust advice
- Personal succession planning
- Family business consulting
- Corporate governance
- Not for profit and charities
Rod’s professional commitments include:
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Fellow of the Tax Institute
- Adviser Member of Family Business Australia
- Chairman of Directors - Karingal
- Director of VicWest Community Enterprise Ltd
- Director of Geelong Connected Communities Ltd
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
Download a PDF version of Rod Payne's Professional Profile