You have decided to sell but before your property can be listed with an agent, you need to have a contract and vendor's statement prepared so it can be given to any prospective buyers.
Harwood Andrews lawyers and conveyancers will assist you with;
- Arranging for you to provide us with the information required to prepare the contract and vendor’s statement
- Provide the completed documents to your estate agent
Once a sale is obtained we will:
- Arrange for you to complete a discharge authority to release your mortgage and coordinate the bank to attend settlement.
- Check the adjustment of rates etc. and the balance required to be paid to you by the purchaser at settlement.
- Arrange and attend to settlement. You do not need to attend settlement – we will advise you once settlement has been completed.
- Notifying the council, water authority and owners corporation (if applicable) that you no longer own the property.
To help you navigate the legal requirements of selling a residential property we have developed a brochure that will further explain the process and provide you with a check list of the things you must provide to your conveyancer.