Richard Anderson is a principal and past chairman of Harwood Andrews.
He is accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a specialist in commercial litigation and is also a member of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Building Dispute Practitioners Society and the Law Council of Australia. He has served as a Member of the Commercial Litigation Specialisation Committee of the Law Institute of Victoria.
Richard is a proven leader in assisting clients to obtain cost effective and satisfactory results to business disputes.
Richard has significant experience in conducting civil trials and arbitration and in delivering satisfactory outcomes to businesses.
Having a personal interest in agriculture and having worked in and around farming communities for most of his career, Richard is well equipped to conduct matters relating to agribusiness.
Richard also provides extensive services to statutory and local government authorities in the areas of contractual rights and remedies, including contractual disputes, administrative law, and building and construction disputes.
Richard became a principal and partner of Harwood Andrews in 1992. He presents at seminars on issues of liability and damages, primarily covering commercial and construction-based matters.
Richard’s key areas of practice include:
- Advising municipalities and statutory authorities
- Mediation and arbitration
- Insolvency, personal and corporate
- Building and construction disputes
- Disputes between owners of a business
- Construction contracts
- Disputes concerning wills and estates
- Commercial litigation
- Intellectual property disputes
- Insurance related disputes
- Farming business disputes
- Superannuation disputes
- Consumer law disputes
Richard’s professional commitments include:
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Building Dispute Practitioners' Society Inc
- Member of the Law Council of Australia
- Council member Marcus Oldham College
- Member and former president St Laurence Community Services Inc.
- Trustee Australian National Youth Classical Music Competition
- Member of the National Trust
- Member of the Victorian Farmers Federation
Download a PDF version of Richard Anderson's Professional Profile