After all the searching for the perfect home or investment property it is important that the transfer of ownership is carried out correctly.
Harwood Andrews lawyers and conveyancers will assist you with;
- Checking the contract and vendor’s statement.
- Providing various documents to your lender and coordinating for them to attend at settlement.
- Checking with the authorities as to details of rates, zoning, land tax and orders which may affect the property.
- Calculating the adjustment of rates and the balance of money required for settlement.
- Arranging and attending to settlement. You do not need to attend settlement. We will let you know as soon as you are able to collect the keys from the estate agent and take possession of your property.
- Notifying the council, water authority and owners corporation (if applicable) that you are now the owner.
To assist you in purchasing your property we have developed a buying a residential property brochure that includes a checklist of things to do before and after signing a contract.