After parties separate, a decision must be made as to whether the children will live with one or both parents. If children are to live primarily with one parent, then the time they are to spend with the other parent must also be addressed. These arrangements were formally known as custody and access arrangements. It is usually in the best interests of the children if their parents can reach their own agreement about these matters.

Such an agreement can be formalised in the form of a parenting plan, or parenting orders made with the consent of the parties and approved by the Court.

If agreement cannot be reached between the parties, and they have attended mediation without achieving a resolution, it may be necessary to apply for parenting orders from the Court.

Our team can assist in all aspects of parenting matters.

Related Blogs