Linton Drever is Family Law Counsel at Harwood Andrews and is one of Victoria’s most experienced divorce lawyers. Linton was recently recognised as a “Leading Victorian Family Lawyer by Doyles Guide 2017”.
Linton practices exclusively in the area of family law and is accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a Family Law Specialist and a Collaborative Lawyer. Collaborative law specifically aims to assist clients resolve their differences without Court involvement. Linton also holds certification as a Family Law Mediator.
Linton has vast experience in dealing with the complex and diverse range of divorce and separation issues which can emerge from the breakdown of relationships. His skills enable him to address the financial and parenting issues which confront separated couples and their families with understanding and compassion.
Linton has a particular understanding of the issues that can arise when couples in the farming and agricultural communities separate. He is able to provide specific advice and expertise in these circumstances which enable our clients to achieve outcomes that are appropriate for their individual situation.
In 1989, Linton was awarded a Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) Solicitor of the Year Award, in recognition of his excellence and contribution to the community as a lawyer.
Outside of work, Linton’s other great passions are surfing and music.
Linton’s key areas of practice include:
- Restructure of assets prior to or as a result of separation
- Negotiating, documenting and implementing divorce settlements, including those involving the complexities associated with companies, trusts, businesses and capital gains tax liabilities
- Representation in court proceedings
Linton’s professional commitments include:
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Associate of the American Bar Association
- Board Member of Give Where You Live
- Board Member of the Great Ocean Road Management Committee (GORCC)
- Chairman of the Coastal Reserves Committee (GORCC)
Download a PDF version of Linton Drever's Professional Profile