Thursday, 13th September
Registration from 5.15pm for a 5.30pm start
Canapes and drinks served 6.30pm –7.30pm
Blended families, larger more complicated family structures, digital assets and constant changes to superannuation laws all expose succession planning and estates to increasingly complicated issues, requirements and claims. This session will examine a number of issues relevant to succession planning and control of assets during your lifetime and in your estate.
Structuring for Asset Protection and Succession.
- presented by Rod Payne, Principal Business Law
This session will cover:
- Use and benefit of testamentary trusts
- Passing control of trusts and assets
- Farm land trusts and farming businesses
- Post Kennon v Spry and Family Court proceedings
- Binding Financial Agreements
Developments in personal succession planning.
- presented by Allison Bruce, Principal Lawyer
This presentation will examine:
- Superannuation Death Benefits - 'What a mess!'
> nominations - binding or non-binding?
- lapsing or non-lapsing?
- valid or invalid?
> death or incapacity of a member of a SMSF
- Wills - "That will is not fair!'
> Claims against estates
> Who can claim?
> How much?
> How to avoid
> Superannuation - in or out?
> Impact of trust UPEs or loans
- Digital assets
- Medical treatment decisions