Anthony is a Principal Lawyer at Harwood Andrews Albury. His philosophy is to achieve results for his clients by applying an outcomes approach to everything he does.
Anthony is a specialist in mergers and acquisitions and commercial law including Australian and international business sale and purchases, having advised clients on both the legal and commercial aspects of transactions.
Anthony has significant experience working with Government on commercial transactions and policy reform. More recently, Anthony acted as an adviser to the NSW Treasurer advising on both the legal and commercial aspects of major NSW transactions, achieving record results for the state of New South Wales. He has led substantial policy reform and can assist clients engaging or doing business with Government.
Anthony is also highly experienced in international transactions, and assists inbound and outbound clients understand export markets, navigate foreign regulatory and registration requirements and generally facilitate doing business. Anthony’s international exposure extends to various jurisdictions across Asia, the South Pacific and United States through his work in these regions.
Anthony’s key areas of practice include:
- Business acquisitions and sales
- Accessing and working with Government
- Start-ups and business structuring
- Preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts
- Corporate advisory and governance
- Corporate finance
- Personal Property Securities Law
- Cross-border and international business transactions including foreign direct investment
- Regulatory compliance and licensing
Anthony’s professional commitments include:
- Member of the Law Society of NSW
Download a PDF version of Anthony McFarlane's Profile