This seminar is aimed at leaders and directors of Not for Profit and charities.
Harwood Andrews will provide an overview of key legal issues impacting Not for Profits and Charities. Spark Strategy will present on current trends and business growth strategies for the Not for Profit sector.
Key legal issues will include:
- Governance and regulation:
- Understanding the current regulatory landscape;
- The ACNC - Obtaining and maintaining charity registration;
- Key duties and liabilities of responsible persons;
- Public Benevolent Institutions (PBIs) – what is a PBI?;
- Tax Concessions – recent cases.
- Employment law and the not-for-profit workforce - how do workplace laws apply to employees, volunteers and contractors?
Spotlight on Not for Profit Strategy:
With the tightening of government purse strings, extreme policy shifts and increased competition for philanthropic funds, Not for Profits can no longer rely on traditional models to survive. The imperative is to innovate and think differently about how to create value, while continuing to serve beneficiaries.
Spark Strategy will provide an overview of current strategic trends in the sector and explore different elements of the business model that can serve as levers for both survival, scale and growth.
Lunch will be provided
This event is free and bookings are essential